Barack Obama addressed near two hundred and fifty, 000 Americans at Grants Park on Tuesday, Late 4, 2008 to give his acceptance speech. Because a result of earning 364 electoral votes (94 more than the 270 required to win), Obama is the newly-elected chief executive of the United Claims. Social security disability lawyer Detroit MI
Over the next several months, Obama will tackle the problems he discussed during the heated presidential debates, varying from the American economic climate to tax benefits to the war in War. It can be believed that Senator Obama’s failing or success in changing America’s Social Security will be one of his most challenging issues as president of the Combined States in 2008.
In James Madison University on Tuesday, October 28, Obama said, “It won’t be easy… it won’t stop wasting time, but you and I know that it must be time to come collectively and change america. inch
1. Provide Americans with disabilities the educational opportunities they need to do well:
– Barack Obama helps the People who have Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), which would help school districts cover the excess costs of educating children with ailments. IDEA proposes increasing the latest funding by 23%.
payment payments on your End discrimination and promote identical opportunity:
– Barack Obama supports Senator Tom Harkin’s ADA Restoration Act, which would redefine the so this means of a “disability” in the usage of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA). Obama plans to sign this act into law, which would prevent people with epilepsy, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer from being fired from their careers ‘because they have those conditions. ‘
– Barack Obama supports universal health care legislation. Under the Obama-Biden plan, people who have afflictions who take a job will either continue to receive their current health care or they will be provided a security to get health care.
3. Boost the employment rate of personnel with disabilities:
-Barack Obama supports the reinstitution of Executive Order Simply no. 13173, which would work with yet another 100, 000 federal government employees with disabilities within five years. The federal government government is the Combined States’ major employer, and Barack Obama and May well Biden support the selecting of employees with problems.
– Barack supports the establishment of a Domestic Commission on People with Disabilities, Employment, and Community Security, which would take a look at the latest SSDI, SSI, Treatment, and Medicaid programs in the United States to fix existing problems.
4. Assist the independent, community-based living for Americans with ailments:
– Barack Obama helps Senator Tom Harkin’s Community Choice Act of the year of 2007, which would allow People in the usa with disabilities the choice of surviving in communities rather than nursing homes or corporations.
– Obama supports the Fair Home Health Health care Act to combat the deficit of community immediate care attendants. The Good Home Healthcare Act would raise the wage of health care attendants.
Obama helps a $150 million increase in the Social Secureness Administration’s (SSA) budget, which he believes has recently been underfunded. Obama is also committed to bettering the application and appeals process for individuals with ailments to fix the issues in the current system. Such as:
– Pending hearings have doubled since 2001
– The typical weight time for an ability to hear decision is 505 times, the highest ever in agency history
– The processing times at the hearing level range from 276 days in Charleston to 973 days in Atlanta
– A reconsideration decision usually takes up to 8 months
What is going to be the result of an Obama presidency onto Public Security Disability? The question has many Social Reliability legal professionals and Social Protection attorneys pondering the problem. With an aging baby boomer generation and an issue that average wait times to receive Social Security Incapacity benefits are already over 2 years, most experts will agree that something needs to be performed by the next President (Obama) to address the speed at which disability cases are handled.
In case you or a family member has recently been denied disability benefits at the application level, it is that you contact a Social Security Handicap lawyer. With current wait around times of over two years, it is important to remember the before you involve a legal professional along the way, the more rapidly the process can be affected.